Pregnancy Resource Services subscribes to the Biblical mandate to always choose life.
Based on this belief, PRS:
Provides emotional, spiritual and material support to mothers – empowering
them to give birth to their children
Reinforces emotional and spiritual healing to those women who
have experienced the trauma of abortion
Supplies educational resources to help women make informed decisions
regarding abstinence, pregnancy, adoption, and child-rearing
Our Statement of Principle – Who we are, our purpose, our commitment to our clients and community.
1. Pregnancy Resource Services (PRS), being a Christian ministry, has as its primary purpose, to testify to all about God: His existence, glory and will. This God, Whose holy laws legislates, “Do not murder”, also invites with mercy, “Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Thus PRS’ goals include:
· Showing compassion and providing information and assistance to mothers (clients) so as to save their children from abortion, and
· By lovingly telling them of the grace and mercy of God toward sinners as found in the good news that Jesus Christ died and rose again for them and inviting them to trust Him as Savior. The manner and methods of reaching these goals must be guarded by submission to the Word of God and humble prayer.
2. PRS requires all volunteers, staff and directors to be practicing Christians who give unreserved assent to the Doctrinal Statement and Statement of Principle of PRS.
3. PRS is committed to providing our clients with accurate and complete information about both prenatal development and abortion. PRS will not use any form of coercion or deception when counseling clients or in advertising its services.
4. PRS is committed to providing our clients with whatever forms of support are necessary in order that mothers may bring their babies to term
5. PRS is committed to aiding women who have decided to have heir babies, through provision of God’s people and the community at large, in order that they may face the future with hope and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
6. PRS never discriminates in presenting the love of Christ through our ministry because of race, creed, color, nation origin, age, or marital status of our clients.
7. PRS affirms that Scripture and science agree that human life begins at conception. The commandment, “Do Not Murder”, requires that we do all within our power to protect this human life. Consequently, abortion is never justified except to save the mother’s life. (In the case of a life-threatening ectopic pregnancy, removal of the ectopic is permissible.) Biblical holiness demands that we speak up for the unborn; therefore, PRS never advises, provides or refers for abortion or abortifacients.
8. PRS does not engage in counseling or in referring for contraceptives or contraceptive servies. Married women seeking contraceptive information are urged to see counsel from their physician and pastor. The guiding rule in counseling with unmarried women is the sanctity of the sexual relationship in marriage.
9. PRS offers assistance free of charge at all times.
10. PRS is committed to creating awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women because abortion only compounds human need rather than resolves it.
11. PRS advocates peaceful and legal means to protect life and end abortion and does not employ or condone violence of any kind against persons or property.
12. PRS recognizes the validity of adoption as one alternative to abortion but is not biased toward adoption when compared to the other life-saving alternatives. PRS is independent of adoption agencies, relating to them in the same manner as to other helpful referral sources. PRS receives no payment of any kind from these agencies, does not enter into contractual relationships with them, and does not share combined office space. Adoption agencies are not established under the auspices and PRS. PRS nether initiates nor facilitates independent adoption.
Our Doctrinal Statement – what we believe about Scripture, God, Christ, faith, the Christian life and Christian unity.
The Bible alone is God’s inspired word; it does not err or lie; and it binds our beliefs and practices.
There is one true God, revealed in Scripture and Infinite, eternal, and unchangeable, all-wise, all powerful, all present, just, holy, loving, and faithful. He is the Creator and Ruler of all things and all things exist solely for His glory.
God the Son became man: Jesus Christ. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin. He lived a sinless and holy life and died as a sacrifice to satisfy divine justice (due to us for sin), rose bodily from the dead, and ascended bodily into heaven. He will come again, visibly, in poser and glory to judge the world. He therefore is and continues to be God and man, one person in two distinct natures, forever.
For the salvation of sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. The Holy Spirit is the author of Christian faith in a person’s heart. The one who has this faith accepts the doctrines of the Trinity and the Incarnation, repents of his sins and rests upon Christ’s holy life and sacrificial death as the sole ground of acceptance with God. Whoever does not have this faith in Christ will suffer God’s wrath; no one can go to heaven without this faith.
V. The Christian Life
All those who have put their trust in Jesus Christ for salvation will seek to please Him with the way they live by keeping His commandments and worshiping with His people. Someone who has no desire to be holy has not been born again.
VI. Christian Unity
All those who have sincerely trusted Christ for salvation are members of the body of Christ and enjoy spiritual unity with one another, in Christ.
Our History – a brief history will be published soon